Welcome to the Samhain Tarot Blog Hop!
During this event, you will travel around the internet to 28 different Tarot websites. Each site tackles the questions behind Samhain/Halloween. What is this holiday really for?
Is it just fun and games, or is there a deeper meaning behind the veil?
Look closely, and you may find that what you thought about this holiday – and yourself – changes forever.
Join us as we explore and celebrate the turning of the wheel. If you dare…
Samhain, or Halloween, is the night when the World is thought to be closest to the other side. At midnight many people plan rituals and rites during the thinning of the Veil to speak to loved ones who have crossed over as well as to honor the dead. In some Pagan traditions, this is also thought of as the New Year.
Rather than look to outside entities this Samhain, look inside of yourself. All of your Self. The dark pieces that you think you have left behind. The parts of your Shadow that you believe you have pushed deep, deep down into a dark well. The 8 of Ghosts from the Halloween Tarot in the photo above lets you know that just because you thought you left them behind, it doesn’t mean they’re not still there.
We are told that we can look only towards light, to focus on happiness, and to be positive at all times. We are often shamed in this New Age world if we are less than optimistic.
Many cover their eyes to the truth of our beings: that we are both light and dark, happiness and sadness, fire and water.
The Eight of Bats from the Halloween Tarot
This Samhain it is time to take off your blindfold and travel into the veil of your own unconscious. What frightening things await you? Look into the darkest recesses of your soul and shine the light onto everything that you have tried to hide away.
Journey past the dusty cobwebs of who You are, and embrace your Shadow.
XVIII The Moon from the Halloween Tarot
This journey is not to be taken lightly, nor is it for the faint of heart.
It is only by recovering all aspects of your Self – Light and Shadow – that you can truly grow in strength, and power. By making this journey during Samhain you will become complete – truly powerful and even more beautiful in every way.
II The High Priestess from the Halloween Tarot
Explore your Shadow side. What aspects of yourself do you feel like you have to keep hidden? Sometimes this takes form of hiding our magical selves from the “normal” world. If Harry Potter taught us anything, it is that we must hide from the Muggles.
Even within our own spiritual communities, many of us are ridiculed and shamed for our beliefs. Whether you are told you are too Light and too fluffy, or too Dark and too Vampirish, everyone seems to have an opinion of how you “should” be.
This Samhain, take the time to get in touch with the True You. Who are you really, once you shake off the expectations of your community and the World?
Take a journey through the Tarot Blog World as we explore this topic and look into the depths.
If you find a link broken along the hop, you can return here to pick up the hop at the next post:
- Amethyst Mahoney: Tarot Blog Hop Beginning
- Morgan Drake Eckstein: Monkey Bottle Trap
- Aisling the TarotWitch: Samhain Blog Hop – Searching the Shadows
- Joanna Ash: Brushing My Shadow Away with a Besom This Samhain
- Chloe McCracken: Samhain Tarot Blog Hop
- Chloe for TABI Tarot: Halloween Blog Hop
- Kerry Ardilla: Samhain Shadow Work
- Alison Cross: Samhain Blog Hop Behind the Mask
- Ania Marczyk: A Message from the Dark Side
- Koneta Bailey: Samhain Tarot Blog Hop
- Alison Coals: Tarot Blog Hop Samhain – Meeting Your Shadow
- Joy Vernon: Explore Your Shadow
- Christiana Gaudet: Bringing Light to the Shadow
- Joanne Sprott: Behind the Mask
- Arwen Lynch: Shadows, Zombies, and Hops
- Rose Red Robinson: Samhain Shadow Reading
- Jaymi Elford: Tarot Blog Hop Samhain
- Mary Caelsto: Samhain Blog Hop – Shadows and Death
- Gary Ormond: Samhain Blog Hop – Shadow Side
- Donna L. Faber: October Blog Hop – My Shadow Owned Me
- Bonnie Fernandes: Samhain Blog Hop: Exploring the Shadow Side
- Lina Ljunggren: Tarot Blog Hop Samhain – the Dark Side
- Stella T’arot: Samhain Tarot Blog Hop
- John Marani: Tarot Blog Hop: Exploring the Shadow Side at Samhain
- Jordan Hoggard: Samhain Blog Hop ~ Savoring Shadow
- Carolyn Cushing: Tarot Blog Hop for Samhain
- Christiane: Meet Your Shadow