Friday August 31st is the night of the Blue Moon. This is the second full moon of the month, and we won’t see another one again until July of 2015.
The Moon affects the ebbs and tides of our emotions. While the last two weeks may have left you feeling completely off-kilter, things should be settling down now. What can you do to harness the power of the Blue Moon?
* leave all of your crystals out to charge
* do a special rite or ritual
* connect with your Spirit or Animal Guides
* meditate on what you would like next in your life
* get rid of things that no longer serve you – unclutter your life!
I like to do a Tarot reading to honor this time. Try this for yourself.
I used the Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marcetti for this spread.
1. What gifts does this Blue Moon bring? This card is placed in the middle.
In my spread, it is XII The Hanging Man, Reversed. The Hanging Man has been through a great deal of trials and challenges. He has learned to look at his life from many perspectives. Now he is beginning to rely on himself and his own truths instead of being distracted by the advice of others, and is learning that that is enough.
The gift of this Blue Moon is a reminder to look inside yourself and rely on your own wisdom.
2. What do I need to focus on? This card is placed just to the right of the middle card.
In my spread, this is the Queen of Cups. I recently chose a new focus card, and she is the Queen of Cups. This is validation that I am on the right path.
3. What do I need to let go of? This card is placed below the middle card.
In my spread, this is XV The Devil, Reversed. This is my need for perfection, and to leave my life the way I think it is “supposed” to be lived. I have found myself struggling to create a schedule in my business because I keep feeling as if I need to work 8 to 5 like people do in the corporate world. Time to let that go and create a better life for myself.
4. What do I need to know about my relationships? This card is placed to the left of the middle card.
In my spread, this is XIV Temperance, Reversed. Things may be on shaky ground and out of balance. Luckily, the Queen of Cups will be able to help out!
5. What do I need to know about my business (or job/career)? This card is placed above the middle card.
In my spread, this is XIII Death, Reversed. Death is all about changes, and now that it is reversed it looks like some things will finally be settling down. Hooray! My business has gone through so many changes this year, it’s insane. I’m glad I did an about-face and picked back up where I should be.
What about you? What does your Blue Moon Tarot spread say for you? If you are doing this under the Blue Moon tomorrow, feel free to use crystals and make a whole ritual out of it. I’d love to hear about it!